Internet Firewalls, installation and support in Cape Town
Firewall software and network security – need some assistance?
By installing firewall software on your computer you create a barrier between the Internet and your private computer system, allowing you the power to give and deny access to specific programmes. Think of a network firewall as a guard that secures your network and provides intrusion detection.
You should install internet firewall software when:
- Your PC is spreading spam and viruses;
- You need to give/ restrict internet access to specific websites;
- Unwelcome porn, music or film appears on your computer; or
- When your screensaver asks permission to install certain programmes and not your e-mail programme or web browser.
Looking for a free firewall for your personal PC?
- First check if you already have a firewall installed on your PC. If so, please uninstall it first. This will help to prevent system instability, which can result in you needing to reinstall your operating system.
- Now go to the Online Armor free firewall website, which can be found at: www.tallemu.com/free-firewall-protection-software.html
- When you click on the Download Now link it will redirect you to a page containing a description and review of Online Armor. To install this firewall, you must have Windows 2000 or higher installed.
- Download and install Online Armor. Once finished, restart your computer and the firewall should start running in the background.
- Open the Online Armor menu where you’ll find an icon for the firewall on the system tray. On this menu you can make adjustments to the firewall as you wish, for example to block certain sites.
Professional internet firewall solutions
A Rentable firewall solution from Mouse House
So, if you are pushed for time and looking for a professional I.T. company that can advise and implement the best firewall solution for your network – contact Mouse House I.T. – Cape Town’s trusted supplier of rentable firewall solutions.