IT Support Contracts in Cape Town
As your business grows, you’ll come to rely on your I.T. support company more and more. I.T. support will become increasingly important to maintain the efficiency of your technology and, consequently, your business. Whether individual PCs, servers or an extensive distributed network, downtime costs money and inhibits the ability of your business to thrive.
Mouse House I.T. is one of the most dedicated I.T. companies in Cape Town that offers you a range of I.T. support and maintenance solutions to suit a wide variety of requirements including:
- Flexible I.T. maintenance contracts and support plans
- Live telephonic support
- Ad-hoc call-out services
- Ongoing advice and consultancy
- System audits
Ad-hoc services are suitable for environments that are not business critical. However, if your business relies on your I.T. systems, you should consider the benefits of IT support contracts that covers costs and gives time assurances.
IT support contracts and maintenance contracts
IT Support Contracts are the best method of ensuring your I.T. support needs are taken care of effectively, with a fixed cost over the period of the IT Support contract’s term.
The Mouse House I.T support contract plans include:
- Help desk support from 8:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Windows Support Technician available telephonically or on site in accordance with Mouse House I.T.’s support levels
- On-site visits by a designated Windows Support Engineer to carry out the work schedule
- Accurate and detailed recording of timesheets
- The agreement covers support for the following software:
– All workstation based Microsoft operating systems
– Standard Microsoft Office installations
– Microsoft Outlook
– Microsoft Outlook Express
- The following exclusions apply and are addressed on an ad-hoc basis:
– Supply of additional workstation–level hardware
– Supply of additional workstation–level software
– Installation and support of any software not listed above
– Travel costs
– Any work which, of necessity, must be carried outside normal working office hours
Pricing* is as follows:
|Hrs/month||Rate/hour||Call Out Fee||No Contract||With Contract||Rate/hour||Discount||Saving|
* All pricing excludes VAT
Support and maintenance
- Applying software upgrade patches to systems when security considerations deem it necessary and notifying the client of any enhancements and/or improvements which, in the opinion of Mouse House I.T. would improve the client’s I.T. function.
- Reactive support: This includes responding to specific requests originating from the client. Support work is carried out at the client’s offices or remotely via the client’s internet link or via a simple dial-up link.
Each support call to our help desk is rated according to its level of urgency or severity.
|Severity||Description||Our Response||Response Time|
|Critical||An incident which renders your business unable to function||Rapid response and attempt at resolution. You must be provided with meaningful updates every hour during resolution||1 hour|
|Major||Impact of the incident on your business is limited and does not stop you from functioning||Timeous response and resolution. You must be provided with meaningful updates every two hours during resolution||1 day|
|Minor||Impact of the incident on your business is minimal, and it is not necessary for us to find alternate ways for your continued functioning, but the current situation is not conforming to your normal expectations||You must be provided with meaningful updates every 2 days during resolution||1 week|
Monitoring and reporting
- Monitoring and reporting takes place daily using the Mouse House I.T. monitoring system, Sysrep7. The requirement includes the daily monitoring of the basic functioning of the underlying Linux operating system, its processes, the file system, memory utilization and unscheduled system reboots. This is to expose any unusual behaviour on the system or any attempt to penetrate the system illegitimately.
- Regular monitoring of security-related sources of information, such as Bugtraq and CERT, is carried out routinely.
- Monitoring reports are available on request at any time.
The Mouse House I.T. escalation sequence is as follows:
|Support Help Desk|
- Time spent carrying out support and monitoring work is measured in working units. The working time allocated to each working unit depends on when the work is carried out, as follows:
|Normal office hours||1.0 hour|
|After hours on weekdays 17h00 – 18h30||1.5 hours|
|After hours on weekdays 18h30 – 07h30||2.0 hours|
|After hours on Saturdays||2 hours|
|After hours on Sundays||3 hours|
|After hours on public holidays||3 hours|
- Unused working units are not transferable to the next month
- Any additional working units are charged according to the above table (R350.00) and will include travel time.
- Mouse House I.T. will give 1 month’s written notice of any variations in this rate.
Your Mouse House I.T. Support Contract begins with a full systems audit so we can devise a comprehensive support plan to suit your requirements. This will bring your I.T. environment up-to-date with necessary service packs and system drivers and will identify and minimise any potential problem areas you face.
Keeping your systems performing well means dealing with one of the better I.T. support companies in Cape Town – proven to help businesses do better from their I.T. infrastructure. Contact us, using the form on the top right hand side of the page, and discover why our clients rate us the best SME I.T. support contract company in Cape Town.